Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Holiday Wrap-Up


In the interest of being thorough, and to prove just how much I've missed you, dear readers, during this Winter Blogging Sabbatical (I made that up myself) I'm going to start my 2010 Holiday Wrap-up with....drumroll, please: Halloween! Doesn't Winnie look super-cute in her Temple Grandin Jessie-From Toy-Story costume? I've said it before, but it bears repeating: give a girl a glue gun, and watch as the miracles unfold before your very eyes. Yes, I'll always lament the fact that I can't sew (yet), but to the untrained eye, those red ribbon doo-dads on her shirt could be real embroidery. Look beyond the globs of dried glue; ignore the burn marks on my hands-as far as I can see, this costume was a rootin'-tootin' success. Yeehaw! 

Sorry, I had to go there. This is what happens when I've been locked up with children for two weeks straight and all I've had to eat is candy canes and bacon.* Stay tuned for more holiday action and tales from the front lines of festive! Happy New Year everybody!


*Not. I've really eaten everything in sight and am rocking the leggings like it's 1989. "Rocking" might be a bit of an exaggeration. Time to put away the elastic-waist pants, I know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails