Saturday, January 22, 2011

2010 Holiday Wrap-Up: A Tale of Two Advent Calendars


I promise on a big stack of chocolate candy this evidence has not  been tampered with.
It's obvious, of course, that these holiday calendars belong to two very different animals children.
We got started a little late--four, maybe five days into the month? 
No big deal, we thought. 
In these situations, a catch-up strategy is employed until one becomes "current". 
Then, each square is opened on its corresponding night.
Right?
These photos were taken on night one. 
The child represented by the photo on the left is a planner.
He enjoyed the extra candy, then quietly placed the calendar in his or her room,
and went about his business.
Child number two was found sometime later, in the basement, attempting to stash the evidence of an unforeseen hyena attack on her advent calendar. 
I'm fairly certain the culprits didn't care that it was organic.
It's a shame how hyenas have infiltrated small towns in America, don't you think?
They just have no appreciation for Free Trade Chocolate.
Animals.

3 comments:

Momma Shoe said...

Hilarious!!! A girl after my own heart. Some days I'd like to hide in my basement and feast on chocolate, too:)

Kristine said...

I just LOVE her! SHe definately takes after me! :-)

Deborah said...

I adore your children. M and W have so much in common.

Have just been updating my reader so that I never miss another post. It's bad enough that I miss you so much, can't go missing all the newsy-news, too.

Come visit soon?