Thursday, July 1, 2010

A kind-of wedding post


I was going to try for a post-a-palooza in chronological order-like, where I've been and what I've been up to these last several days, but a couple things got in my way. First, my memories are completely disheveled, but even more of an issue is the fact that the kickoff post was going to be one in which I revealed to you just how much I love Kenny Loggins, how the song Footloose is like, basically the anthem of my entire summer, as evidenced by the insane dance moves I pulled out at my cousin's wedding reception. I was going to describe in detail the new channels that open up in my brain when I Kick Off My Sunday shoes, but for some reason it doesn't feel right without an action shot.

So, this post is going to be about knitting.

But first, here's a photo of my cousins, who sang at the wedding and were, I have to say it, Stone Cold Steve Awesome.

I was pretty jeal. I can admit that, internet. Maybe that's why I needed to dance so much, to prove that I, too, was awesome. In my own, frenetic, hairpins-flying-into-the-atmosphere, slipping-the-DJ-a-$20-to-play-Love Shack sort of way.  And yes, I know this picture is really small, but I'm not smart enough to make it bigger and not super-grainy, so stop making fun of me. I'm an excellent dancer, if you don't mind getting hit with one of my shoes every now and then. My dad actually found my earrings the next morning in the driveway of their house. How did that happen? I know I was popping stuff left and right, but the funny thing is, I couldn't recreate those moves if I tried. Those moves were born that night, and they died when the DJ turned the lights back on. Killjoy.


Oh, and I'd show you a picture of the beautiful bride, and the pink peonies she carried, and the birds in the trees singing all around making me cry, but I can't find any pictures anywhere. Ridiculous! I've facebook-stalked some other people from the wedding, some friends-of-friends who've alluded to having taken some photos, but none of them will accept my friend request. I hope it wasn't my dancing. So, for now, just pretend that Ariel and Ren are the newly married couple-don't they look so happy? And I'm not in the shot because Hurts So Good just came on. Nice, right?


p.s. knitting rescheduled for tomorrow

1 comment:

michael moebes said...

glad y'all had fun, but i was hoping for some good knitting action shots.